Thursday, January 24, 2013

Big Sky Photo Summit 2013


Sunday I carpooled with a couple friends up to Big Sky, Montana Ski Resort for a photographer's workshop.  I laughed, I cried, I made new friends, got motivated, and learned MUCH.

Mike Colon, destination wedding photographer, spoke the first two days.  I have heard Mike speak a couple of times and he is always motivating and brilliant.  I liked that Mike made the other attendees and myself comfortable so that we could ask questions without feeling like we were being judged.  After lunch on the first day we all went out to photograph a gorgeous model, Kaylee Bradford.

The 15?....maybe 17? of us followed Kaylee around with all our cameras: watching Mike, shooting, and taking turns individually with the model.  The top two images are images I shot while watching Mike and lucked out getting Kaylee to look at me for a couple shots.  We shot in a few locations at the ski resort and got a ton of questioning looks.  We looked like paparazzi, haha!  It was really fun and such a beautiful day.  It was pretty warm but I am still amazed at Kaylee's endurance in the cold without a coat.

The black and white image is a shot from my individual time with her.  I had an idea of blowing out the sky (making it white instead of blue) and capturing a soft black and white close-up...just something different.


The rest of the workshop was just as great and more.  I think my favorite part was listening to Jeff Jochum who is a business coach for photographers.  I cried, I laughed, I stayed up until 5am only to get up in an hour, and learned about a small portion of all the many ways I am making my business harder for myself.  Jeff inspired me and motivated me to make some changes in my business so that I can "Work. Happily. Ever-After" as Jeff says.

I'm excited to see where these changes will take me!  I'm ready to get started.





Here are a couple behind the scene photos: I thought I 'd share as well.  Enjoy!!










I know I have said it probably 15 times by now, but Thanks Tracy Moore for organizing this workshop!



Namaste



0 comments:

Blog Archive

Pages

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

Back to TOP