Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pay It Forward: Marc & Lisa's Wedding

It's a new year with new goals and a fresh start!  As I was thinking about the list of things I would like to improve on over this next year, blogging was near the top of the list.  I was thinking of ways to try and excite myself into blogging and I came up with what I think is a great idea.  I was facebooking away the other day and came across a friend's status that read:

 "Creative Pay-It-Forward: The first five people to comment on this status will receive from me, sometime in the next calendar year, a gift - perhaps a book, baked goods, a candle or music... a surprise! There will likely be no warning and it will happen when the mood strikes me. The catch? You five people must make the same offer in your Facebook status. Happy 2013!!"

Those who know me know of my love for creating!  I thought it sounded like something that was totally up my alley, so I hopped on the "Creative Pay-It-Forward" Bandwagon.  I switched up the wordage a bit and quickly reposted.

One might wonder what in the world this has to do with blogging so I shall explain.  Shortly after re-posting the status, I began thinking of all the things I could do for my friends who decided to participate.  I thought of my silk-screening talent, knitting, baking, book-making, and so many things I used to LOVE to do but haven't had time.  A light bulb turned on, the rusty wheels in my head began to spin, and I exclaimed  "By George, I've got it!!"  I will be incorporating my Creative Pay-It-Forward into my blog and sharing my creations here.  I haven't decided if it will be a weekly or bi-weekly ordeal, but it is in the works.  I have even decided to "Pay-It-Forward" to more than those 5 friends who signed up.  I'm excited to get started!!

For the first "Pay-It-Forward" Blog Entry, I am sharing a few of my favorites from an emotional wedding renewal I had the opportunity to photograph recently.  Marc has recently been told by his doctor that he doesn't have much time left on this earth with his love, Lisa.  His wish before passing on was to give her the wedding they never had.  Friends, loved ones, and gracious strangers all pitched in and created a wedding in 5 days!!  Like I said, it was an emotional day and I'm so glad I was able to be a part of such a wonderful gift.  

Congratulations, Marc & Lisa!






Thanks for peeking!




3 comments:

Lita January 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM  

Thank you very much for doing this for Marc & Lisa. They've had such a very rough and hard road in their lives. Not only the cancer but in what life has dealt them.

Jacque Jones January 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM  

It was my pleasure, Lita. Thank you for the kind words. :)

stevenjared0853 July 2, 2018 at 10:31 PM  

It’s very heart-warming to hear such beautiful stories of love. I’m sure Marc and Lisa enjoyed each other’s company greatly. Also these are lovely pictures from their wedding renewal event. I’m getting married next week to my fiancé at one of my favorite venues in NYC. I’m quite inspired by the affection these couple have for one another.

Blog Archive

Pages

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Blogger Blog Templates

Back to TOP